- Dish Type Roast
- Occasion Weeknight Dinner
- Cut Fillet
- Serves 4-6
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- 750g Baby red potatoes, halved
- 500g Butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm chunks
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 6 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 x 450g Pork fillets, trimmed, butterflied lengthways
- ¼ cup Basil leaves
- 1 cup Fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Finely grated parmesan
- ½ Lemon, finely grated rind and juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g Streaky bacon rashers
Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
Place potatoes and pumpkin in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fennel seeds. Shred the leaves off 2 sprigs of rosemary and scatter them over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper then toss well. Bake for 15 mins.
Meanwhile, use a meat mallet to pound the pork fillets to 1cm thickness. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, lemon rind, juice, garlic, egg, pine nuts and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the breadcrumb mixture down the centre of each piece of pork. From one short side, roll up pork tightly to enclose filling. Wrap bacon rashers around the pork and secure with toothpicks and kitchen string.
Remove vegetables from the oven. Arrange rosemary sprigs in the centre of the vegetables. Place the pork, seam-side down, on the bed of rosemary.
Increase oven to 250°C fan-forced. Cook pork and vegetables for 25-30 mins or until the pork is cooked and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven. Cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Slice pork and serve with roast vegetables.