- Dish Type Roast
- Occasion Sunday Lunch
- Cut Belly
- Serves 8-10
- Prep Time 45 mins
- Cook Time 2 hrs
- 2 tbsp Sea salt flakes
- 1 x 2kg piece Boneless pork belly
- skin scored at 1cm intervals
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Small red chillies coarsely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced white part only
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Fish sauce
- 40g Grated light palm sugar
- 1 Carrot julienned
- 1 lebanese cucumber julienned
- 50ml Lime juice
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise of your choice
- 8-10 Fluffy white rolls, halved
- ½ cup Mint
- 3 Spring onions shredded thinly sliced diagonally
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Place garlic, chilies, lemongrass, fish sauce and palm sugar in a food processor or mortar & pestle.
Blitz or grind till paste consistency.
Rub the marinade into the pork belly.
Rub half the sea salt into the pork skin, drizzle with oil and rub into the skin.
Place the pork, skin-side down, on a large oven tray and cook for 1 hour.
Increase the temperature to 200°C
Turn the pork, sprinkle the skin with the remaining sea salt and cook for a further 1 hour or until the skin is golden and crunchy.
Julienne carrot and cucumber, squeeze with fresh lime to dress and set aside.
Slice pork and spread mayonnaise onto halved rolls.
Fill rolls with pork, salad and garnish with fresh herbs.