- Dish Type Pan Fry
- Occasion Weeknight Dinner
- Cut Chop & Cutlet
- Serves 4
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 4 x 250g Pork chops
- 30g Butter diced
- 2 cloves Garlic quartered
- 8 Sage leaves
- 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Golden shallot, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 Small fennel bulb, shaved on a mandolin
- 2 Small pears, shaved on a mandolin
- ½ Lemon, juice
- 2 tbsp Virgin olive oil
- 50g Walnut halves
- Serve with Flat-leaf parsley
Heat oil and butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
When it foams, add garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
Add pork and cook, turning once, until browned (2-3 minutes each side).
Turn pork occasionally and baste with butter until sage is crisp about 3-4 minutes.
Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
For salad combine shallot, fennel and pears in a bowl, season to taste.
Dress salad with lemon and olive oil.
Add walnuts and parsley to serve.
Serve pork chops with garlic, sage leaves and salad.